Saturday, July 16, 2011

Transition

If one thing is certain, it is the existence of God. If anything about our everyday life is certain, it is that everyday is a transition. We pass through this "veil" called today having just slipped through the one called yesterday while on our way to tomorrow. The constancy and permanence we depend on to remain sane through continual change is the continual sameness of God and the security He only can provide. I do not apologize for my total dependence on Him as though it were some sign of weakness, but trust fully in Him for my being and my doing and my becoming. When I had a broken leg, no one faulted me for my leaning on a crutch. Because every man's spirit is broken and separated from our Creator, it is no character flaw to lean on the provision for healing and wholeness He provides. To stand and stay in one position without change would be sufficient trust alone for salvation. But because we are caught up in the forward movement of time and change, our hold upon the Lord must remain a continual gripping of His hand and not a static and mere cerebral belief. Transition provides us with the opportunity to trust in a living and growing fashion. Let us press on firmly holding and securely held. df

No comments:

Post a Comment